In Japan, there are 21 million older people above 65 years, and about 8% of them are frail elderly. Geriatrics is to study the frail elderly as to why they become frail elderly, and to treat patients properly or the remaining 92% older people not to become frail elderly. In order to promote health of the older people, geriatricians have to take deep insights for cares as well as medical treatments. With such a will, we find the way to prevent diseases in the older people. In this review, we describe medical treatments and cares for promoting successful aging.
- Alzheimer's disease
- Frail elderly