The purpose of this study is to evaluate the long-term renal function of donors after nephrectomy in living related renal transplantation (n = 100). The survival rate of donors was 98% and causes of death in the other 2% were not associated with the donation. Serum creatinine (Scr) and Creatinine clearance (Ccr) deteriorated just after the donation, but gradually improved. The number of donors with proteinuria increased after donation. In Scr and Ccr there was no significant difference between donors with and without proteinuria. In the donors with hypertension (25.3%) mean urine protein was higher than in those without hypertension. There was a correlation between systolic blood pressure and proteinuria. These results strongly suggest that renal function of donors deteriorates once just after the donation, but gradually improves year by year, and that hypertension is strongly associated with renal dysfunction, especially proteinuria, after the donation.
|ジャーナル||Nippon Geka Gakkai zasshi|
|出版ステータス||Published - 1994 6月|
ASJC Scopus subject areas